Sunday, May 3, 2015


The silent ones
                SO I’m not going to talk about Baltimore that much, it’s not really my place to give my input and you never know who you might offend by talking about this stuff. For those unaware or living under a rock for the last week because the media is on this 24/7, Freddie Grey, a man was killed by a spinal injury due to the police. 6 of them have been charged with at least involuntary manslaughter and now the people have taken to the streets.
                So the other day, my friend showed me an article that changed my view a lot on the situation (http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/03/us/freddie-gray-balitmore-protests/). This article shows the amount of non-violent protest going on in the city, a lot more. This gave me a ultimate respect for the city but also a hate for the media.

                I’ve talked about before how the media are just out to make a story and how much they influence use, this is just an example. They focus so much on the bit of violence and protest going on in the city, they just amplify everything bad. They take Baltimore and make it into a city of turmoil and chaos. While in some areas this is probably the case, it isn’t just taking over the city of Baltimore. The peaceful protestors are the heroes here and yet I haven’t heard about them and I probably wouldn’t have until a few days ago. The media is so desperate just to make a good story they praise and follow the people who are looting and destroying their town while they leave the people who protest right, silent. The people who aren’t criminals, who have a argument and want change, they are left silent.  

No comments:

Post a Comment